kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

sadness re: hybrids

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by snakepimp on May 04, 2003 at 10:28:26:

I am finally decided on my position re: hybrids in the pet trade. The entire precept is completely awful, and it’s insipid inception entirely human in it’s enormity. Our rape of the Earth’s living resources is enhanced by these frankensteinian creations. We are making an unforgivable mockery of the beauty of nature’s creations through such practices. I am terrified by groups of “jungle corns”, and “creamsicle corns” being offered up as plainly as if they were a naturally occurring locality. I don’t mind all of the genetic mutations of existing species, just the cross-breeding. Yes, sometimes they produce strangely beautiful animals, but they should be the herp communities’ dirty little secrets, and not allowed to fall into the hands of those who don’t pay attention to scientific names or bloodline preservation. There are so many immensely stupid people out there that I shudder to think how many bloodlines have been muddied, both in captivity and in the wild, by irresponsible, uninformed ignorant people who have no thought beyond “That looks SO cool!”. I know I don’t need to start the whole debate up again, and that it has been gone over and over again, I just needed to get this off of my chest.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]