kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! -elaphe radiata.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by borneoshankhdotz on January 22, 2003 at 06:19:22:

I found my CB02 female radiated rat-snake in very ill health yesterday. She is usually quite nippy and fast, but she is really slow now-infact almost motionless! All the way down the length of the animal the body has change form to a triangular cross-section, she is unusually white also and for 2or3" down the neck looks somewhat swollen. I picked her up and her body was just twisting and twisting along the length in some kind of crazy dizzy madness!
The temps are ok, the humidity maybe slightly too high, branches, good-sized water bowl, hot-spot, relatively large enclosure.
-The only thing that i think it may be:
-I recently bleached the substrate moss overnight but maybe didnt rinse all of the bleach away?
-prehaps the frozen pinky food is out of date and gone bad?
-i gave the snake a bath in cold water a few weeks ago, and she had a bad muscle reflex to that-she was all twisted and couldnt move until she was warm again?

-i noticed yesterday that there was some unusual blue-coloured urine clumps in her tank-can this have somethbing to do with the bleach used?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]