kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I usually dont mind hybrids, but...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by jeph on March 16, 2003 at 16:25:05:

its when things like that anerythristic sina-corn are produced, dont get me wrong, its a very nice looking snake, infact just the way I pctured one in my head. But now some people might want to bred it x an albino to create double hets for snow, which I hope no one does but I bet it will happen, and now whats going to happen when the REAL anery. sinaloan shows up ?, some people might have offspring from that sina-corn breeding and try to pass them off as the real thing, I guess what you would do there is only buy from the original source who had the real anery. sinaloan. Its the same way with albino ruthveni x pyros, I had a guy e-mail me an offer asking if I'd be intersted in albino pyros, he said he was looking at my web-site and noticed my main interest is pyros and was wondering if i'd interested in some albinos, I asked him to e-mail me pics and where these albinos originated from, he sent me a pic that looked very much pyro like, and that he got them at a show. I asked if they were hybrids and he said he doesnt know ?, but was offering them to me for $2000 a piece, he had a pair, I obviously said no thanks and that he should try and track down the original breeder to get more info them, I've never heard from the guy again. I know I could of kept this to myself and the forums would of been fine without hearing it, but i know many of us here are into keeping are beautiful gems in pure form, the way nature has evolved them. And i know some people will say, well nature didnt produce this anery. sina-corn, but fact is that nature just might someday and we might even be able to see it in herptocultre and might even be lucky enough to work with it in a pure line.Well these were just my opinions and sory if i made anyone mad who works with hybrids, thats your choice and I'm very glad that this snake I'm talking about-(the anery. sina-corn, i cant believe some snakes actually have these names to lable them now) was labled correctlly as a hybrid, as the ad siad, someone really could of taken someone on ride with that one, I know I probally would of fell for it. Well take care,
jeff Teel

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]