kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Warranty on new purchase

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by amy on December 21, 2001 at 02:07:46:

In Reply to: Warranty on new purchase posted by Lisa on December 21, 2001 at 01:19:56:

: I'm getting ready to purchase a CB Russian Tortoise from a local pet store that specializes in reptiles. My question is, what kind of warranty should I expect to get? I plan to take the tort to a vet soon after I get one, but if he's sick, should I have any recourse? Is there a standard out there?

unfortunatly that depends on the shop, most of them make u sign an agreement that u r taking away all responsibilies from them, but a gaurantee is usually always giving how long it is depends on the shop and how reputable they are. but being that i do sell herps i can also side with shops. they have no idea what type of enclosure the turtle is going in or if u own other herps and if the turtle will hae access to these herps that they themselves could be harboring harmfull bacteria and parasites and thats why the turtle may have became ill. its a no-win situation and it is all based on trust. they dont know what environmet you are bringing the turtle in and you dot know what they have done with he turtle or were it came from. but if u do own other herps, be on the safe side and quarintine that turtle for 60 - 90 days. this should be done when adding any new herp to a collection, dont let this discourage you , russians are great and hardy tortoises and are one ofthe least expensive, i say go for it, i dont see u having to much of a problem as long as u do your vet visit and quarintining, good luck :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]