kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Gravely ill PTS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Skink Forum ]

Posted by PTSkinks on April 22, 2003 at 00:09:01:

In Reply to: Gravely ill PTS posted by brumzoo on April 21, 2003 at 22:44:05:

Are you sure your PTS is a "he"?

My ladies have had problems with gas. They go "vertical". Their bodies, which are normally wider than vertical became more vertical and they stop eating. I spend a lot of time with them, getting them to drink water and soak. Then I coax them to eat their favorite pathos leaves and then their normal appetite and appearance returns. When this happened the first few times, I would rush off to the vet for an examination and x-ray and the vet would not find anything wrong.

About 8 years ago, one lady had a different problem. My vet gave her an oral dose of barium and took 3 x-rays, as the barium traversed her body. The x-rays showed that her intestines (if I remember correctly) were jammed against the side of her body, indicating a huge growth. He opened her up and removed a huge growth on her oviduct (along with the oviduct). She has thrived ever since.

I believe that sometimes ladies retain unfertlized eggs (slugs) that require surgical removal.

Perhaps an ultrasound would be more diagnostic for your vet.

I hope Jess B and Sherri respond to your post. They both have experience and knowledge about gas and retained eggs.

Goood luck.

Susan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Skink Forum ]