kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: JUST GOT BIT !!!! NOW WHAT ??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]

Posted by KevinW on April 17, 2003 at 00:24:03:

In Reply to: JUST GOT BIT !!!! NOW WHAT ?? posted by joemichaelaz on April 16, 2003 at 17:03:47:

First off, the most conern is for your health. I would put h. peroxide on the bite and wrap it in a huge bandaid. I'm sure you feel very betrayed by your snake however snakes are like this, generally unpredictable. Snakes usually do not bite unless they feel threatened but since you said he was on you for 2 minutes and he was wrapping around your leg, he might have mistaking you for food or was extremely hungry. As for my snakes I usually soak the snake in a mild soap (Such as Herbal Essenses or Bath and Body Work Soaps.. some soap that is very mild) right after he/she sheds. Everytime I hold the snake or put my hand in the cage I use the same soap that is on the snake on my hands. The snake associates the smell with itself and is less likely to bite. If it bites your hand it will prob. bite itself. As for Lysol I would wash that off asap and from now keep a bottle of Whiskey or Gin close by so you can splash him on the face. For a 11 ft. Burmese I would rec. atleast 1 other adult when you hold the snake.
Besides that you should always have a bottle of Jack around, not just for the snake but for drinking. =)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]