kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Russian/hingeback tortoise

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Cat* on June 26, 2002 at 18:18:38:

In Reply to: Re: Russian/hingeback tortoise posted by Terry on June 26, 2002 at 16:40:56:

Well I had thought I put that I want to compare, my tortoises are doing fine, and I have kept a box turtle that was in three peices, the vet said pretty stupid stupid stuff too, so I cared for it,and becuase I had it for a small period of time, and it was healthy enough, I released it back into the wild, therefore call me stupid but I think I know what I am doing, I research to find any answer to a question I am asked. And If you try to read about hingebacks, FOREST HINGEBACKS< and Russian Tortoises, you will find that they can be in the same enviroment, I am sure on that part, and I have heard so many ideas on feeding, and asked tortoise vets, if it is okay if I allow my russian to be housed with the forest hingebqack, due to the fact that the forest hingeback is barely omnivorous, and the russian is vegetarian. They are both healthy and k. belliana(not sure on spelling) is the tropical species, not k. erosa, I have heard many feeding ideas, and would like to compare the difference between what mine eat and what the others of the speies eat, however each species has a different growth rate, and I am not sure on these species, which is basically why I asked, also I hvae found no answer on cross-breeding, which is why I never reply to posts about that. Except once when i had read about the same cross breeding, well no this i not a joke, and I have so far found varius differences in the same species, just like some humans like beans some do not, some russians and hingebacks like romaine lettuce, some do not! And if my hingebacks experianced problems w/ each other I will separate them, however they act like friends, and i have discovered no troublesome parasites w/ either of them, and last why dont you go back and read carefully about each post I wrote for taking in unwanted animals, Thanks for all your replys and help, however, I would prefer terry to go back and research on his own about these tortoises for he has given me some false information. P.S. I am not trying to get these tortoises to breed, and they aren't trying to themselves for now, however I still do not know about the length thing, if someone can please help me. *Thank-you for your reply's* from- Cat*, and neither tortoises were WC animals

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]