kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Russian/hingeback tortoise

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Terry on June 27, 2002 at 12:53:59:

In Reply to: Re: Russian/hingeback tortoise posted by Cat* on June 27, 2002 at 09:17:34:

No, go ahead house your Russian and Hingeback together in a fish tank.

Ignore all the advise you've been given by very experienced keepers and breeders.

Advise given to you by somebody who's had articles published in well known Reptile magazines.And is a successful breeder of a variety of chelonian species.

Should you create a web site though suggesting that it's okay to mix all sorts of different species together.Even wild caught tortoises, because if you purchased your tortoise from Petco, it's wild caught.
Be prepared to recieve emails from concerned tortoise keepers and groups asking you to correct the information.

I started posting here years ago. I was inexperienced and my first question at this forum was one I now look back and laugh at.

I didn't dismiss the advise given to me by people who had been keeping tortoises for a lot longer than I had.
I listened and learned.
I don't consider myself an expert, at all.
But I have learned enough to know at least the basics of tortoise keeping.

Cat, I really suggest that you sit back and take the advise you're being given. If not by me, then by others.

Maybe join some tortoise groups at Yahoo, such as the Turtle Homes group.
Learn from other peoples experience.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]