kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Pailsus rossignollii - info by R Mastenbrook.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Taxonomy Forum ]

Posted by Richard Mastenbroek on May 14, 2002 at 11:45:46:

In Reply to: Pailsus rossignollii - info by R Mastenbrook. posted by Raymond Hoser on May 14, 2002 at 09:35:38:

Raymond,

The website that I have build about Pseudechis australis is only done to provide people with information about this magnificent snake specie.
The comment I gave on the taxonomy of this snake is only done by me because I think that it is just a normal Kingbrown, both venom and DNA testing proved that there was non, or little difference between the much smaller specimens from Irian Jaya and the bigger snakes from Australia mainland.
As I understand from your post, do you see this comment as a personal attack on yourself or on your paper in which you describe Pseudechis australis as Pailsus rossignolii . This was not my intention to attack you. I only say that I think your paper is doubtful from my site. I will keep on talking about Pseudechis australis till you or somebody else can show me the prove that it is a different specie of snake, but at this moment there is nothing else to do than to believe the scientists that did there venom and DNA studies on these snakes. For me DNA doesn’t lie even when it looks totally different as mulgas from mainland Australia and Irian Jaya do.

The only thing I hope is that people can use my information for there own animals. I also will build more sites on the Elapids of PNG and Irian Jaya. The next page will be about deathadders and will be on the internet in a short period of time.

With Best Regards,

Richard Mastenbroek (Mr Taipan)

: Richard, your website was informative in more ways than one, and disregarding your childish digs at myself, provided some interesting data and good photos.
: The facts speak for themselves and I remain happy with my original 2000 description of the new taxa.
: I also eagerly await the description of that other "King Brown" alluded to in posts by David Williams from the PNG side, that he said he was in the process of describing in early 2001.
: Thanks again for the posts.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Taxonomy Forum ]