kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: just got a skinny scarred ig, need help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by ra_tzu on April 14, 2003 at 21:47:05:

In Reply to: just got a skinny scarred ig, need help posted by kg on April 14, 2003 at 21:13:06:

I guess you did, what you had to do.It's definitely not a bad thing, what you did. I just hate it when these pet store owners get any kind of money. I'm sure it can go without a uvb light for a week...but that 10 gallon tank has to be seriously upgraded.Eventually somewhere around 8x6x4 I'm sure others will give you more specifics. It's funny you don't strike me as just being a kid. You're very articulate for a "kid". How old are you?

:I know I'm going to get rude comments for this, but I bought a skinny, scarred ig baby from a pet store. I felt so sorry for it! It was in a 5 gallon tank with no light, a cracked heat rock, and a food bowl filled with iceberg lettuce, zuchinni, and cucumber. It was also housed with a bigger 18" iguana that was beating it up and stepping all over it. I had $15 in my pocket, so I bargained and got it. He was so cold when I took him out! I found him squished between the glass and the food bowl. He's about 10" long, sorta green with brown patches, and has little scars on his head and body. How old do u think he is? The employee told me he was there for months. He's temporarily in a 10 gallon right now with a heat lamp, water, and some mustard greens and veggies. I'm going to get a fecal on him next week. Is it okay if I can't get a UVB light until next week? Thank you. Please don't be too mean, I'm only a kid.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]