kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: here is what i say about this...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by Firebringer on April 07, 2003 at 13:00:48:

In Reply to: here is what i say about this... posted by froggystyle34 on April 07, 2003 at 01:35:30:

She's had a fecal done, at the 2nd vet, and it came back normal...With the green-tinged feces, I was worried about parasites, but it all apparently looked fine....
What is the benefit of inducing a fever? Excuse my ignorance; Pozie's my very first snake. I've read a lot, but I've had very limited practical experience with sick snakes! =)

-Firebringer-

Re:
:I agree with the getting rid of pine shaving they are toxic too snakes. i hate to sayt his but iut may be a little late in the game for your snake. but if not here is what i would do. take the shavings out and disinfect the tank comletley. get a fecal test doen on the snake. take the large water dish out. put black and whiote newspaper or paper towels on the bottom of the tank. put her hides back in and a SMALL water dish. then raise the temp to sa constant 90 degrees for about 4 days then go back to normal temps. this will indce a fever if she has an RI. i do this with my boas if they get an RI and it works every time. but all in all with my 8 years experience with corn snakes i have never ever seen one with an RI and i have seen some in pretty crappy condoitions.

:froggy

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]