kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: what size pond needed?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Turtle Forum ]

Posted by honuman on April 17, 2003 at 16:31:30:

In Reply to: what size pond needed? posted by Zak92647 on April 17, 2003 at 15:01:13:

:I live in Southern California and would like to add a turtle pond in my backyard. I intend to raise two turtles (either painteds or sliders) but I'm not sure what size pond is needed. I want it to be big enough to accomodate them at full size.

:I put in a Koi pond last year so I am familiar with pond mechanics and needs, just not sure how big this one needs to be. They will be two separate areas so the turtles cannot get to the koi.

:Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I have been scouring the forums for all the great information you all provide and look forward to contributing in the future.
:
For two turtles you won't need a very large pond. 200 gallons would be more than adequate. So basically go that size or larger. Never can be two large. Also you have to make sure that the pond is enclosed with a fence of some sort or at least a large wall around the rim of the pond to so that they will not wander off.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Turtle Forum ]