kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Turn for the worse

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Softshell Turtle Forum ]

Posted by Steve on March 11, 2002 at 18:18:36:

Hi --

Just as quickly as the spiny that I rescue was recovering she has suddenly taken a turn for the worse. Her shell cleared nicely and now her feet, head and jaws have all this (what appears to be white skin sloughing off of them). I am sure it is yet a second occurence of her fungal infection. Her nostrils are plugged with this as well and she has stopped eating. (I suspect due to the fact that her nostrils are plugged). I have switched her to a Nolvasan bath. My vet here (not a herp vet but she has dealt with a few fungal problems in turtles -- suggested the Nolvasan bath. Also -- if she does not eat soon suggested some lactate ringers under the skin. I can do the injectible stuff no problem. Just wondering if anyone might have any additional suggestions. I know these little guys are not always the easiet to keep especially when you get them in such a terrible condition to begin with. I will not give up on her until she breaths her last breath.

Thought a Flyriver would be a real hard one to keep. Piece of cake compared to these guys.

Anyone's added assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Softshell Turtle Forum ]