kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Airborne Express

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]

Posted by reptile world on February 13, 2003 at 23:17:47:

Guys and Gals, I dont know why you all are worried about UPS and USPS. Airborne Express KNOWINGLY accepts live animal shipments, as long as it is non venomous and cold blooded. I keep reading posts, and hearing things about policy changes with UPS. I wouldnt even worry about it.

Just stick with Airborne. You can do all your preparations online, your customers get e-mail notification automatically when the package is shipped, they provide all your supplies for free, and IMO they are the most reliable.

Also, since they knowingly accep live animals, you can insure them for there declared value. If the package gets held up for any reason, neither you or your customer will lose money.

I personally have lost animals using UPS and USPS, one loss alone was about 500.00 on blue tegus. They got held up in texas for 6 days in a warehouse, and there was nothing I could do but take the loss.

I hope you take this into consideration and start using airborne instead of UPS or USPS. It will be better for you, your customers, and the animals.

All that said, This was not a solicitation, and I am not affiliated with airborne express in any way. I just want to let more people know the facts.

Billy Brenner
Reptile World

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]