kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Airborne Express

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]

Posted by rkreptiles on February 15, 2003 at 09:13:04:

In Reply to: Re: Airborne Express posted by reptile world on February 14, 2003 at 19:36:55:

The rules that I posted are their current rules and regulations regarding live shipments from the home office. These are the same regulations that they have had for quite a few years now. Each local office does not make the rules. Unfortunately some of the local office has people that would love to be able to allow us to ship what ever we want to and would love to be able to reimburse us for any damages, but they do not have the authority.
As far as you shipping a Burmese to Ontario, I hope you mean Ontario California and not Ontario Canada. If you shipped a reptile to Canada via Airborne I can guarantee you did not go through the correct export process. In order to export an animal specially C.I.T.E.S. animals (Python M. Bivittatus i.e. Burmese Pythons is App. II) you have to apply for C.I.T.E.S. export documents, USF&W has to inspect the shipment, and many other processes. Airborne is not an authorized carrier for live reptile shipments for export. If you have questions about sending a reptile to another country including Canada you need to contact USF&W. If you need C.I.T.E.S. documents you need to contact USF&W DMA (Division of Management Authority).

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]