kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

this is what you can do

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]

Posted by franklin edwards on November 07, 2002 at 11:21:22:

In Reply to: Re: Small time breeders - how in the heck do you ship??? posted by beardievillage on November 06, 2002 at 17:23:20:

First do not use USPS. Doing this you'll be breaking federal laws and not just a shippers rules. UPS has now bought Mail Boxes Ect, or goto your local Ups and deliver there. The best thing to do is goto www.UPS.com and open an online acount. This will work the best for you because on overnight shipping pick up is free and you can have them come by when you need them to and they will also consider you verified. I hope this helps.

If you have a paypal account you can also set up a UPS account through them by clicking on the ship button, once someone pays you through them. www.paypal.com

:I use USPS without any problems. They accept most kinds of reptiles and from my experience have been reliable. They also are inexpensive at only $17 for up to 2 pounds.

::I breed yellow ackies, and am just selling my first two clutches. Having purchased many reptiles through the mail (UPS, USPS, Delta DASH etc) I never thought it would be that difficult to ship them out. First I tried UPS, only to find I needed to be a "verified shipper". No problem I figured, I'll just get set up as a verified shipper. Well it turns out you need to have a daily pick up account (no I don't need to poor UPS guy coming to my house every day) which costs $7-$16 a week. I have a clutch or two every other month, so using UPS is ridiculous.

::Next I figure I'll just shell out the big bucks (I'm picking up the shipping) and do Delta DASH. I call them and they say I can ship in 4-6 weeks after someone from the FAA comes and inspects my house. WHAT the heck is up with that? So I end up calling Delta PetFirst, who sends dogs and cats, and they are shipping my lizards for me, for 72 bucks.

::What is the small time breeder supposed to do? Do most of you use the post office and overnight stuff? I never thought it would be this difficult!

::Wendy

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]