kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Opened 2 batch of infertile eggs.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by mikecoscia on March 25, 2003 at 12:44:50:

In Reply to: Re: Opened 2 batch of infertile eggs....... posted by Gecko2525 on March 25, 2003 at 10:04:59:

Well Liz the only thing I can tell you at this point is to stop everything. Do not introduce the females to the males anymore and separate everyone. Let all the gravid females run their course and once they stop leave them till next season. If the eggs are fertile then great, if not there is always next year. They can use the time to gain weight and rid any excess stress they have (breeding, moving, laying, etc). But you are right it is a waste of their resources to lay if they are not going to hatch. Drako needs protein not baby food. If he is not eating crix you need to mix meat baby food and fruit (1:2). Without it he will not get the nutrients he needs. Or pick up Allen’s Auirc diet (has more protein then the others). Anyway I have thought of pretty much everything I can think of based off all the info you gave. However sometimes these things need to be observed. Like I said, I would just let them run their course for now and leave them be.
-Mike

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]