kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

looking into getting a crested gecko

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by kurma on January 27, 2003 at 10:44:09:

Hello,
I recently decided I want to get a pair or trio of crested geckos. I have a 40 gallon critter cage that I have been wanting to set up for a herp and decided to want to get cresties for it. I just bought "Seipp, Robert and Friedrich-Wilhelm Henkle
RHACODACTYLUS: BIOLOGY, NATURAL HISTORY & HUSBANDRY" from zoobooksales.com. I plan on reading all " the living virvarium in my old REPTILES magazines I also plan to read every post on this forum I've already started from bottm up and been reading sites with care sheets on them. If anybody knows of any other books that would be good to read please let me know or of good care sheets I have only found basic ones. Well that what I have planned, a week for tomorrow I will be off to Pakistan again for three months for my second deployment. I plan on reading my book there and getting to the mags. after when I'm done with them I will start on my building of the habitat. I want a nature setup with coconut panels in the back with plants growing in it. The bottom will have a carpet of moss with one or two trees also plan to build hide areas from cork bark. So my question is I plan on having the cage stand tall so what was made to be the top with screen will be the front. With all the plants I want I will need good lighting, will the geckos been ok with this? I plan on having a basking light only raising a small area by about 5 degrees and flurescent bulbs on the side but outside the glass I figure 2 or three on just one side will be ok for the plants and I will make it in a way the other side will be shaded form the trees. Speaking of trees I was thinking of using a ficus but wounder if it will be ok in say 4 to 5 inches of soil. Speaking of trees I couldn't think of any others please someone tell me what may be good ones for a vivarium. Well I think thats it tell me what you think.
Xavier

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]