kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Yup, Good Stuff ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by leprachaun13 on January 27, 2003 at 15:17:16:

In Reply to: Good Job..... posted by ThaVille on January 27, 2003 at 12:44:04:

The only thing you might want to check into is the substrate of your set-up. If you're planning on setting up a naturalistic enclosure, you should probably look into bowl-feeding. If you do this you can simply put the crickets int the bowl to feed them, thus reducing the possibility of one of the cresteds making a dive for a cricket and getting a mouth full of substrate. This will also help decrease the possibility of crickets getting under the moss, dieing, and then creating a horrible stench. Great image isn't it? lol.

For our plants, I would suggest pothos, it definitely has my seal of approval, because I actually have the ability to keep it alive. It has lots of hanging "limbs" that you can drape over branches or perches you have in the enclosure. Another plant that I'd look into is the "snake - plant". It does well with a minimal amount of soil, and has these really interesting roots that my leachies love to hide in.
Finally, the lights, If you buy one of those overhead desk flourscent light things from home depot and a flourscent "grow" light from the same place, it will cost you next to nothing. Then you can attach it to the top of your tank, and it also gives you enough light to view your animals with.

Sorry this was so verbose, but good luck, and I hope that the forum's some good reading

Ian

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]