kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

White Plains Today!... Long

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by leprachaun13 on January 11, 2003 at 20:12:16:

Ok, as far as the show, I think it went pretty well. There were a lot of Leachies, Sandfire Dragon Ranch had some plus some beautiful Sarasinorum Chahoua and Ciliatus, Don Hamper had quite a few including one with a lot of pink, and some other private breeders did too especially an amazing dark ana isle hatchling.

I noticed a lot of different Rhacs the second time i was there (long story), and had an overall good time. I used my new found will power to keep from buying anything, but now have some new creatures to think about.

I must admit that I was pretty tempted by a beautiful Chahoua at Sandfire Dragon Ranch, and another beautiful orange-yellow crested at Gexfiles (and I'm not usually that interested in cresteds).

But how did everyone else's shopping go today? I know that Starmom was planning on picking up a Gargoyle. And Mike, you were picking up some Leachies, Right? Did anyone else buy anything at the show?

Needless to say I had a very interesting day today. I came into the show as early as possible, around 11:15, and looked around for quite a bit, but after a while, the pressures of buying got a little too strong. Before I left, I dropped by the Gexfiles table, but I couldn't find you Mike. The only person there was a woman with a nametag that said Trace. I hung around a bit, but then decided that I better get going, so I left. On the way home, I got kind of guilty about not getting to meet you, or have a decent conversation, so I went home for a bit. Then made the trip back up to White Plains (I knew I couldn't make it tomorrow). I went back in for a little while longer, and stopped by the Gexfiles table again around 3:30 but again the only person there was the woman named Trace. I had a short conversation about the beautiful pictures that were displayed at the table, and was also a little inspired about something that the woman said. She was talking to a customer, and said something like, "We'd rather sell our animals for a little bit less, if we know that they are going to good, caring homes." On that note I was really impressed, because most people selling animals are happier to get the money than to care about where their animals are going. By that time, everyone was beginning to pack up, so I decided I had to leave...again. So, Mike, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you, or anyone else for that matter, but I really enjoyed your table, and maybe I'll see you at the next White Plains.

Good luck tomorrow, and I hope everyone got what they wanted from the show.

Ian

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]