kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Questions about Herby.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]

Posted by FroggieB on March 18, 2003 at 20:41:06:

In Reply to: Re: Newbie Questions posted by windsor on March 18, 2003 at 18:51:38:

Herby is 6" snout to vent and 10 1/2" snout to tip of tail. Of course that used to be about 12 1/2" but that's a story for another time...I don't want to breed her and I'm not interested in the eggs, but what should I be doing so she can hopefully pop this (potential) clutch of eggs out herself??

I would say that Herby is full grown. So, when did she have the first clutch of eggs? Does she look fat and/or lumpy? If she has been under the care of your vet and you have given her calcium supplements as you mentioned in your email and she is soaking she should be in as good shape as is possible. Just make sure she has a nice soft substrate to dig a nest in to encourage her to lay and watch for signs that she is having problems. If she does lay them on her own you will see a lot of digging activity when she decides she has soaked enough. If she is having problems she likely lay down with her head on the substrate and turn very dark.

There isn't really anything you can do to make sure she won't have problems other than to make sure she is as healthy as possible and that her environment is correct.

Do let us know if there are any changes.

Marcia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]