kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Actually

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Monitor Forum ]

Posted by FR on May 09, 2003 at 13:46:28:

In Reply to: Actually posted by pepijn on May 09, 2003 at 13:28:46:

I have to sorta disaggree. There are private people here in the states that will give them a far better life and homes then any zoo. They will give them far more care and far more money. But with that said, The supply of crocs already outnumbers those possible situations. I know of no zoo, that does not budget manhours and money, with their animals. While many private keepers will and do give them their entire attention.

With your Ornates, I have to say, as far as actual size, weight and lenght, I have seen a far larger Ornate monitor then any Lacie. And basiclly it was in the same ballpark as the largest Croc monitors and the size of an average Komodo. The owner comes here, so if he wants to put up a pic, he can. So you making a judgement on size is a bit naive.

Again with that said, if you gave your ornates good care, they could reach lenghts over 2 meters. But that is not necessary is it? You can allow your ornates to reach lengths of 1 to 1.5 meters and all will be normal with them. Well, female Lacies can and do reproduce at one meter, and female crocs can and do breed at 1.5 meters. So they are in the exact same range as your Ornates. Your thoughts. F

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Monitor Forum ]