kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Colombian gray cribos: hey TV, we're getting old! more..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by tvandeventer on January 17, 2003 at 06:59:38:

In Reply to: Re: Colombian gray cribos: hey TV, we're getting old! more.. posted by stevebinnig on January 16, 2003 at 18:21:21:

:Terry,
: I remember them. A friend had a pair. I remember they were savage and they stayed in the branches in his 6' tall cage. I thought of Cribos as being very arboreal snakes because of his.
: I remember Tarpon Zoo and all of the other dealers who advertised in the back of "Field and Stream" and "Outdoor Life" magazines.I always think of you as having those incredible locality Boa Constrictors.Do you still breed boas? Are you still Arco Iris?
:Take care,
:Steve

Exactly! I was dissappointed after many years of not seeing melanurus on the market, to suddenly seeing Honduran specimens that were often as dark as Texas Indigos. Yesterday I purchased the male that Mark Lucas was advertising. He had a photo in the classifieds. Kind of light honey brown I guess. As close to the Costa Rican cribos as I've seen. No silver ones so far.

Yeah Steve, I'm still Arco Iris Herpetoculture. Cut back a lot though. Still breeding some boas, Chondros, rainbows, etc. Can't ship out of Jackson, Mississippi by any method so that's put a damper on 30 years of building a reptile breeding business. Just going through my second childhood here. Caught a 9'1" Yellow-tail Cribo a couple of years ago in Peru. That, and visiting this site have rekindled my interest in Drymarchon. Cheers, Terry

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]