kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

a lot of rodents+fire in tin can=

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Feeder Forum ]

Posted by JM on April 28, 2003 at 16:26:27:

In Reply to: I have a idea on killing roadents, is it safe/humane? posted by philip_sallee on April 28, 2003 at 15:50:29:

I believe that that would equal:

mostly cooked somewhat alive disgusting in-humane mass of rodents.

I really think thats going to be a BAD idea....but it's not like I've ever tried it, I just have a very good imagination and I'm pretty sure it would turn out a pile of mostly cooked, some still living in great pain rodents.

You can get dry ice at most grocery stores. Ask if they sell it as a regular item, if they don't.....ask to speak with the manager in charge of the freezers. Ask him/her what night they get pallets in and if you could purchase a couple of the blocks of dry ice from the freezer pallets when they come in. Most grocery stores just throw out the dry ice that comes in on the freezer pallets so don't offer to pay to much for the blocks! (Except at Halloween when every employee in the store is fussing over who gets to take the dry ice home and freak out the tricker treaters!)

Don't do the can and candle thing. Trust me, mammals have a natural fear of fire and those rodents will NOT sit still and wait for the flame to consume the oxygen in the can.....they will panic and burn themselves up. YUCK!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Feeder Forum ]