kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Breeding on Carpet?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by dragonsbynature on May 08, 2003 at 01:27:45:

In Reply to: Breeding on Carpet? posted by falias on May 08, 2003 at 01:15:38:

Yea, all good points.. i just didn't want to list out a hundred things, my post was long enough lol. Digital therometer is def a must tho, much nicer to work with. I use an old freezer that i converted into an incubator so i don't need two... i got 142 eggs in there right now and could easily double that, so i'm good to go there lol. it's a lot of fun but people who get into it thinking they are gonna make a quick buck just don't realize what they are getting into. I'm not saying that's what NakedCowboy is doing, just saying in general.

dBn

:Don't forget the digital indoor/outdoor thermometer.. $15.00. Also the female is going to go food crazy while she is gravid. She needs extra calcium and variety in her diet. Also my female usually lays very large clutches, and lays the second before the first hatches....so I need two incubators. I also insist on finding only great homes for my babies...so I usually have babies left from the first clutch when the second arrives. Thats a lot of tanks. Five babies MAX per tank if you want to keep all toes and tails attached. So if a clutch is 20, and you still have 10 from last clutch...and they all need UV...Thats a lot of money. It also takes pretty much a whole room of your house. You need a laying box to. That is uaually a big rubbermaid tub full of potting soil or play sand.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]