kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

and...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by dragonsbynature on May 08, 2003 at 16:16:21:

In Reply to: and... posted by Christyj on May 08, 2003 at 08:12:15:

lmao, yea that is sooooooooooooooooooo true. My gf is already mad at me cuz I have to cancel a beach trip for the 4th.. don't think the hotel would like 100 babies running around lol.

dBn

:You can't go anywhere!! Unless you have someone that is very reliable and willing to come to your house 2-3x a day, isn't bothered by crickets and scooping poop and changing paper toweling and chopping veggies.
:Last summer I had to take 17 babies in 3 containers, with lights (basking and UVB), greens, crix, crix container and vitamins to my daughters house while we went on a short vacation. She lives 20 miles away so it wouldn't be practical for her to come to my home everyday. I made it as easy as possible on her but after 5 days she made it clear it wasn't going to happen again...lol

:
::Yea, all good points.. i just didn't want to list out a hundred things, my post was long enough lol. Digital therometer is def a must tho, much nicer to work with. I use an old freezer that i converted into an incubator so i don't need two... i got 142 eggs in there right now and could easily double that, so i'm good to go there lol. it's a lot of fun but people who get into it thinking they are gonna make a quick buck just don't realize what they are getting into. I'm not saying that's what NakedCowboy is doing, just saying in general.

::dBn

::
:::Don't forget the digital indoor/outdoor thermometer.. $15.00. Also the female is going to go food crazy while she is gravid. She needs extra calcium and variety in her diet. Also my female usually lays very large clutches, and lays the second before the first hatches....so I need two incubators. I also insist on finding only great homes for my babies...so I usually have babies left from the first clutch when the second arrives. Thats a lot of tanks. Five babies MAX per tank if you want to keep all toes and tails attached. So if a clutch is 20, and you still have 10 from last clutch...and they all need UV...Thats a lot of money. It also takes pretty much a whole room of your house. You need a laying box to. That is uaually a big rubbermaid tub full of potting soil or play sand.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]