kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I checked out your website...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Terry on June 27, 2002 at 15:26:49:

In Reply to: Re: I checked out your website... posted by Cat* on June 27, 2002 at 13:22:05:

I don't know the answer.
As you have suggested that housing them together is not a problem, I'm guessing that is the advise you will be giving out.

Tortoises that I've had include.
Redfooted tortoise, Russian tortoises, Leopard tortoises, Sulcata tortoises, NA Box turtles and C. galbinifrons.

The C. galbinfrons were sent to a breeding group, which is the situation this species should be in.
Due to a recent move from Hawaii to Arizona I had to rehome many of my animals, including most of the tortoises and turtles.Some remained in Hawaii and two sulcata went to Texas.
The tortoises and turtles that stayed in Hawaii all went to the same person. She houses all her torts/turts outdoors year round in huge specially designed habitats, that cater to the requirements of the different species. All species are housed seperately.
The two larger sulcatas were rehomed to Texas, where they will enjoy one acre to themselves.
I currently have just one sulcata, having rehomed my two large sulcata in May.

We will be moving again next year and this sulcata will be rehomed, through Turtle Homes at that time.

I will then be concentrating on smaller species, either Pancakes or Chacos.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]