kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I checked out your website...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Marissa Armour - Turtle Homes on June 27, 2002 at 16:39:40:

In Reply to: Re: I checked out your website... posted by Cat* on June 27, 2002 at 15:55:26:

I can't even get Terry to make a caresheet for us! Cat, I think you got embroiled in an argument that ran away from you. Terry and EJ and many others know what they are talking about, and it seems that you feel you know better than they. If your tortoises "apppear to be fine, then I guess it must be fine" seems to be your attitude, instead of learning what each species needs and using advice of people with experience to create two separate correct enclosures for each species. Erosa is a forest-dweller and thus, I believe likes low lighting and humid climates. The Russians are grassland tortoises from Europe, totally different. Aside from the fact that you did not quarrantine, mixing species can be a nightmare and organisms that one tortoise harbors can kill the other. Instead of making a website and thus duplicating the already good websites that are out there, why don't you do some research on the websites that are out there and that are good, and learn, and then try to fix your tortoises' situation. When you know enough on your own, then start helping people if you want to do something.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]