kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

O.M.G. Rachael and I had soooooooooo much fun today! :~)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on January 12, 2003 at 17:02:40:

I was suprised I even slept last nite, but I was up at 5am and worked all day...It feels the its been a continous baby boom at work anyway.......

Got up at 7:30am got my java of course (my life-blood cannot live without!) in the shower, got my daughter up in the shower and on the road by 8:58am.....got to White Plains in the hour I figured it would take and Rach and I were so excited, she told me I was acting like a little kid, I told her to "get over it" and we Ran accross the street and into the show...

I was overwhelmed with all there was to see, all the creatures Ive only read about or seen photos of and some I havent were there. Saw lots of familiar names on tables from web sites Ive visited that was really cool!

Herpers are some of the most intelligent, nicest people Ive ever met! I was suprised at how many families were there together, and for the numbers of snakes that people had purchased carrying many cloths bags in their hands....

We looked at EVERYTHING! twice! After a few hours of walking around we decided to get the gargoyle gecko from pm herps, and we met Mike C. from gexfiles, a very nice fellow and his crestys were amazing, beautiful and so healthy! Rachael insisted we HAD to have one of his boys.....its funny because Abby is around 5-6 months old and minature compared to this cresty that is I think full grown or almost (but mike can answer that better, I spaced out what he told me this cresty's age is, it was a case of total sensory overload for me! LOL !) names will come in time!

The prices on things were so good, we got a l5 gallon tall tank for $l8.00 !!!!!! light fixtures for $9.00, my daughter got a gecko shirt and turtle earrings! (the turtle earrings came with a free reservoir water dish, an extra added unexpected bonus!)

Oh and I got a two year subscription to reptile magazine and three issues of my choice from the table for free!!!!

I bought a really neat substrate from PMgeckos, he makes it himself, its a really fine crushed "?" oh shoot, now I dont remember, its very fine, brown, almost like a very fine mulch, I asked about impaction potential etc, and they said its very digestable, and holds the humidity in very well for rhac's....so im trying it.

on the way home we were hungary so we stopped at a diner, put our critters in their deli cups inside our backpack and went inside, I told rach not to tell anyone what was in the backpack, we didnt want them to get cold, and didnt want anyone to freak out either LOL !

Anyway we are home now, it took awhile to get things inside, and prepared for the little ones....I have 2000 crix arriving tommorow afternoon picked up a few to hold us over until then, I now have 7 "gizzards" as we refer to them to feed, and loving it!

Well I think thats it for now, thanks for reading!

Sue

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]