kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I took only around four pics at the show and......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on January 12, 2003 at 18:53:48:

In Reply to: GEESH...I posted by Raymond Moreno on January 12, 2003 at 17:43:33:

my digital camera should be arriving in a week or so...will send pics then.
sue

:Hey Sue,

:so what did yu finally end-up getting?

:You mentioned the GARGOYLE gecko from "PM Herps"...and a breath later mentioned that your daughter INISTED in a CRESTED gecko from "Gex-Files". (So which one was it)?

:And don't leave us in suspense, let's see the photo's!!

:And in closing, how is your beardie Delilah doing? Is she growing, and is she comfortable around you yet?

:Pictures, pictures.

:In Christ Raymond

::I was suprised I even slept last nite, but I was up at 5am and worked all day...It feels the its been a continous baby boom at work anyway.......

::Got up at 7:30am got my java of course (my life-blood cannot live without!) in the shower, got my daughter up in the shower and on the road by 8:58am.....got to White Plains in the hour I figured it would take and Rach and I were so excited, she told me I was acting like a little kid, I told her to "get over it" and we Ran accross the street and into the show...

::I was overwhelmed with all there was to see, all the creatures Ive only read about or seen photos of and some I havent were there. Saw lots of familiar names on tables from web sites Ive visited that was really cool!

::Herpers are some of the most intelligent, nicest people Ive ever met! I was suprised at how many families were there together, and for the numbers of snakes that people had purchased carrying many cloths bags in their hands....

::We looked at EVERYTHING! twice! After a few hours of walking around we decided to get the gargoyle gecko from pm herps, and we met Mike C. from gexfiles, a very nice fellow and his crestys were amazing, beautiful and so healthy! Rachael insisted we HAD to have one of his boys.....its funny because Abby is around 5-6 months old and minature compared to this cresty that is I think full grown or almost (but mike can answer that better, I spaced out what he told me this cresty's age is, it was a case of total sensory overload for me! LOL !) names will come in time!

::The prices on things were so good, we got a l5 gallon tall tank for $l8.00 !!!!!! light fixtures for $9.00, my daughter got a gecko shirt and turtle earrings! (the turtle earrings came with a free reservoir water dish, an extra added unexpected bonus!)

::Oh and I got a two year subscription to reptile magazine and three issues of my choice from the table for free!!!!

::I bought a really neat substrate from PMgeckos, he makes it himself, its a really fine crushed "?" oh shoot, now I dont remember, its very fine, brown, almost like a very fine mulch, I asked about impaction potential etc, and they said its very digestable, and holds the humidity in very well for rhac's....so im trying it.

::on the way home we were hungary so we stopped at a diner, put our critters in their deli cups inside our backpack and went inside, I told rach not to tell anyone what was in the backpack, we didnt want them to get cold, and didnt want anyone to freak out either LOL !

::Anyway we are home now, it took awhile to get things inside, and prepared for the little ones....I have 2000 crix arriving tommorow afternoon picked up a few to hold us over until then, I now have 7 "gizzards" as we refer to them to feed, and loving it!

::Well I think thats it for now, thanks for reading!

::Sue

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]