kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I am now a proud owner of a crested gecko....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by RhacsRsweet on December 31, 2002 at 15:54:54:

In Reply to: Re: I am now a proud owner of a crested gecko.... posted by LeoMan on December 31, 2002 at 13:28:37:

That's a great setup for a baby. A good way to tell if they crested has eaten is to spread the babyfood out so that it is flat then when you see there are dips in the food you know he's been in there. Sometimes however they just jump in the food and it looks like they have eaten. Usaully they don't eat a whole lot. They eat much less than what you put in. I usually put a quarter sized spot in, but they only eat a little bit of it. Now I offer 2 kinds of food at a time. Maybe half apricot, half plum. Mine really like the plum. I dust crickets, but not baby food because most wouldn't eat it. I have also found that the most young for some strange reason won't eat crickets out of a bowl. I usually put half the crickets in the bowl and the rest outside. If you do let crickets roam around in the cage you need to use paper towel, because substrates can be ingested and cause big problems. Paper towel is also much cheaper and easier to maintain.

:I am keeping it in a 10g for now. There are a lot of sticks and vines for it to hide in. How much should it eat? I put some peach baby food and spirulina in its cage right away. When I went back in my room it was on its food bowl. I couldn't tell if it was eating or not but when I came back in it had left the food bowl. I couldn't tell if the baby food was touched. Will it eat very much at one time? Thanks

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]