kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

He would be O.K. for his first 2 years, but then . . . .>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by terryp on April 19, 2003 at 08:40:09:

In Reply to: You know, I've been thinking...Bairdi's should live in Iowa. posted by Hurley on April 18, 2003 at 20:13:18:

he may get a little nervouse after he looses his crossbars and he developes stripes and has alot of colors on the edges of his scales. LOL. That is something you pointed out about his color and pattern as a hatchling being very close to some habitat in Iowa. If they were native to Iowa you might not be able to possess and breed for sales like your bullsnake restrictions. Good luck Hurley. Hold back a male from your clutch and breed him back to your female. That makes a good mate for your big female.

:...since their camoflage works so well here. ;) Caught a pic of one of my little '02 males on the tree outside. I was just amazed how well he blended in with the bark. Can't wait to see how Lyle's colors mature out. I'm hoping he'll color up nicely and make a good pairing for my big Bairdi gal. :)

:

"Lyle" - '02 male Texas Bairdi (locality unknown)

:

:

:
:...and another pic

:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]