kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Eastern Hogs and Mice.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Hognose Forum ]

Posted by Andy on April 12, 2002 at 22:48:38:

In Reply to: Eastern Hogs and Mice..... posted by Mack on April 11, 2002 at 18:52:42:

nmmm look at it this way. Would you die after eating fatty food for 3 or 4 days? Most likely the factor here was stress. Switching them to mice obviously would stress the animal somewhat, but I have never had problems with it. With easterns it is perfectly fine. Can you scientifically prove that the animals died because of the mice? What if it was from stress, parasites, illness ect...Until I see hardcore proof, I will have to disagree with you. I had some that lived fine on mice. So until you and these other people claiming to have "proof: actually have some other than your own opinion of what killed it, I really see no point in arguing. But hey, it's your choice. You can feed rodents and not harm any animals(other than the mice) or you can feed frogs and toads(normally infested with parasites unless of course you deparasitze every frog with flagyl) and deplete the already shrinking amphibian populations. Happy herping to yall :)~ Andy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Hognose Forum ]