kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Eastern Hogs and Mice.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Hognose Forum ]

Posted by Mack on April 14, 2002 at 20:39:39:

In Reply to: Re: Eastern Hogs and Mice..... posted by Andy on April 13, 2002 at 19:47:58:

I made no statement that implied that I do not care about the environment, in fact, I care very much about the environment. I simply stated my opinion, so there's no need to get yourself all in a tizzy about it. You do what you want, and I'll do what I want. And work on your people skills.

-Mack

: So basically what you are saying is that all water snakes need to be fed frogs and crayfish with some minnows tossed in? And that vine snakes need only lizards? Thats totally not true. Jsut because they eat something in the wild doesnt mean it can be fed in captivity. I can afford it yet I care about the environment which you it seems do not. The comparison i made was very general, but would fat deposits kill an animal within days? I think not. In the wild, hognose are also infected heavily with parasites. When their immunity drops, wham...the parasites can take effect! I jsut had a fecal test done on my large african bullfrog and hes loaded with parasites and he has been in captivity for all his life. he had a 4+ load of em in his gut. And so there ya go, its jsut as easy for it to be stressed being captive, and that coulda killed the snakes right there. So just lay off, and until you ahve proof that fatty liver disease is what's killing the snakes, back off. happy herping! Your friend~Andy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Hognose Forum ]