kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Pet Shops

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Deke on February 23, 2003 at 18:55:36:

just thought i'd share my veiw on pet shops around my area.
one shop is just like a lot of ones other people have posted about. they use reptiles as a gimmick to attract interest, but they rarely care for these animals correctly. however, there is a pet shop i go to whihc is quite different. they sell reptiles, amphibians and invertibrates as well as hamsters, rabbits etc. this at first sounds like a bad thing, as most places look after just the hamsters, but this shop is very different. the people who own the shop genuinly care about every animal in the shop. they give brilliant advice, and only deal with reptiles they know about. they have a lot of experience and are extremely helpful.
it's nice to know that there are places like this that actually care about the animals they are selling. whenever i go in, they ask me how my Berber Skinks are doing. it's very refreshing to know they care about the animals even after they have been sold.
i hope other people have shops like these in their area, as i think they should be given praise for their hard work and dedication, instead of concentrating only on the bad stores

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Lizard Forum ]