kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Can anyone debunk these big gator reports?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]

Posted by rtdunham on August 10, 2002 at 14:01:52:

Within a few days last week I received two alleged "news stories" about the capture of an exceptionally large gator.

One of the stories, e-mailed to me by a friend in Florida, claimed the 18.foot 2 inch gator was at a construction site in Orlando, FL and described the location with great specificity. That e-mail was accompanied by the photo shown here. (That story also alleged that in another part of the construction area workers found 87 rattlesnakes. There was a picture of a jumble of them, too. ) I figured the size reported was unlikely but let it pass.

A few days later i got another e-mail ("They grow 'em BIG in TX") from a friend in that state, with a purported news story alleging with great specificity that the gator was captured July 2 at a construction site in--you guessed it, Texas. And--wanna guess again?--it included this SAME gator photo.

Obviouisly an internet scam. I'm curious about any details anyone can shed on the origin of the story or the photo.

thanks
terry
albino tricolors

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]