kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Mayo...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]

Posted by JKUROSKI on May 12, 2003 at 10:10:13:

In Reply to: What is with all the name calling below.... posted by Mayo on May 12, 2003 at 08:23:01:

My original statement was that diamond x's may be all we have left in the future if things don't get any better. Whether or not to hybridize is really only a discussion. I don't own any diamonds or diamond x's and was only offering a few statements to get the forum going on the subject. To put a few what ifs out there, and spark others into thinking about the problem. In no way did I want everyone to accept or even agree with what I said.

About the forum hierarchy, there are some people that frequent this forum that have been doing this for a long time; I ‘m not one of them. These people have collections that are top notch and experience to back it up. These people get most of the kudos and really deserve them. Why do people like me answer questions? Because the more senior keepers probably don't want to bother with answering repetitive husbandry, etc questions that the forum can be flooded with, they leave it up to those they have taught. That's where the people in my echelon, so to speak, come in. When posts don’t get answered and I know the answer I respond. I have learned a ton of information from reading, personal experience (about a year and a half), but none can come close to what I have learned here. Others may receive the honor one day of being enlightened from the knowledge of these forums and subsequently take over as providers of this information. It's a process of evolution. That's my take on that.

As for breeding for a profit, there is a distinct difference between keepers and breeders. I don’t know anyone on this forum that breeds just for the money and has no concern for the animals. They breed so that future generations can enjoy the beautiful specimens that they have come to love in this hobby. There are probably countless other reasons, but I won’t list them here.

I appreciate your point of view Matt and since this is a forum, that what it’s all about. To offer personal opinions on matters and to allow for discussion and counter opinions.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]