kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

humidity, ultrasonic fogger idea!?!?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by EB924 on March 01, 2003 at 12:51:09:

OK people, i need some input on an idea i have. I have a burmese python that badly needs the humidity in his cage to be raised. However, if it is possible, i would like to avoid purchasing the really expensive misting systems that are available. The only other option i really have is an ultrasonic fogger. The problem is that i do not wan't to have to put the fogger in the big water dish because it will probably make the water level evaporate so quick that i'll be changing it just about every day. That's a big task that is somewhat hard on my back if you know what i mean. So my idea would be to create an outside the cage resevoir with an air tight lid. I would then drill a hole in the top of the lid and attatch airline tubing to it and run it into the cage. I could then put the fogger in the resevoir and if it works like i'm thinking, the "fog" will work it's way up the tube into the cage. Does anyone think this could work? Or is the "fog" to heavy to climb a few feet of tubing? I've never actually seen a fogger in action so i'm not sure. Any input into solving this problemw will be very helpfull. Thanks

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]