kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: A ? about breeding burms and why everyone is so >>>>more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]

Posted by CCD on April 20, 2003 at 19:17:41:

In Reply to: A ? about breeding burms and why everyone is so >>>>more posted by highlander1 on April 20, 2003 at 15:45:20:

There are a couple reasons. One is that you can go to any rescue and find one. Another, which is probably the biggest is that there shouldn't be that many Burms out there. Most of them are probably going to end up in rescues.

I think you are posting this as somewhat a response to the post from the rescue in Va.? I just have one thing to say about the Va. rescues I have talked to...They are quite rude and they really shouldn't come to the Burm forum and badger the people that breed them. I also believe these people should get out of the rescue business if it bothers them that much to rescue animals.

I guess I can agree with people that there shouldn't be so many people producing these animals.

How many people here are at the age of 30 or over? How many of you have retics or burms that are only about a year old? Sure you might be able to handle a 15ft. or 20ft. snake, but that snake is only getting bigger and your only getting older. How many people here honestly think they can handle a 20+ ft. snake when your 50+ years old.

This also relates to those of you who attack minors who want large constrictors. People who are around the age of 20 run the risk of keeping snakes as a fad and people that are a bit older run the risk of having to handle a monstrous snake when they are quite old and when things don't work the way they used to.
Take care
CCD

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]