return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hmm...lets see...bearded dragons and chickens = apples and oranges?? More...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sara O. on December 16, 1999 at 08:49:36:

In Reply to: Re: And chickens LOVE those egg production cages.... posted by Ingo on December 16, 1999 at 03:32:56:

I think it is great if you can provide your dragon with tons of room that it doesnt really need...as I posted, the more room the better, BUT...not everyone has the space or the money to put a single dragon in a hundred gallon enclosure.I have spent tons of $$ on my dragons enclosures. They spend time outside in a BIG (5' by 3' by 3' enclosure in the summer. We are also building an even bigger outdoor enclosure next year...I have no idea why I am trying to justify my actions to you...the point is that my dragons are healthy, and appear normal in all respects. "happy" in my mind means they do what they would do in nature(as Frank Retes would say) which is: eat, bask, sleep, grow and reproduce.

I have been wondering why all the "experts" in dragons have quit posting for the most part...well, now I know. This forum just loves to jump on people. I cannot recall lately when I have seen a truly informational post...besides basic care which I do not need to read.
I had considered not posting anymore to this forum(not that I post that much, and I certainly dont claim to be an expert) but now I am sure that is the right decision. Posting an opinion to a question(and that is what this forum is for..different opinions to help decide what is best for the dragons)gets those of us who do not agree with certain persons put down. I have been called inbred white trailer trash, and now apparently I think chickens have fun in small cages...even though we are discussing BEARDED DRAGONS. For the record, I also do not like the way veal calves are kept...since apparently that has everything to do with keeping bearded dragons in your mind.

Thank you for helping to keep this forum close minded, my-way-or-the-highway. When (if) this becomes REAL discussions with GOOD information(and that doesnt mean everyone must agree), I will be back. For now I will just lurk and roll my eyes...and read the now rare posts from Joe R, Tom and Jackie, Bill Mears and Mike Fisher...at least they try to give information without nastiness and a holier than thou attitude.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Sara O.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ] [ FAQ ]