kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

constipated?How often do they deficate?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Tracey on May 12, 2003 at 14:19:52:

In Reply to: constipated?How often do they deficate? posted by marcello on May 12, 2003 at 13:01:44:

Some go every day, some every 2-3 days.....give him a soak in warm water.....that will stimulate his bowel if he needs to go. Make sure his basking temp is at least 100 preferable 105....he should eat a variety of dark greens and veggies daily for his lifetime and at 8 months he should be still getting crix daily as well, all he wants in a 10-15 minute period.....at that age he should be eating 30-40 crix per day (that's an average, depending on his size, it may be more or less but I would worry if he wasn't eating at least 20 a day, he might need some appetite stimulant). At 12 months you can go to every other day crix feedings. Make sure you are supplementing him with either Absolute brand calcium or repcal with D3 every other day and multivits are good one time per week, make sure they have no Vitamin A....just betacarotene for toxicity reasons. You might hit a few online breeders websites and print their caresheets, they can give you tips and info as you need it.....Don't forget that they need a UVB light source as well as a basking light....or you can use a Mercury Vapor Bulb if your tank is big enough that does both. What size of tank is he in, how big is he, what substrate are you using, and what type to lighting do you have?

:I just got a subadult(8month) male bearded dragon. I've had him for 24 hrs and he has not deficated yet. I have a couple books on bearded dragons and I was under the impression that they go alot.
:How many crickets should I feed him daily? The petstore said 12 every other day.
:The books I have aren't very specific about feeding.
:Thanks

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]