kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

constipated?How often do they deficate?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Tracey on May 12, 2003 at 19:16:52:

In Reply to: constipated?How often do they deficate? posted by marcello on May 12, 2003 at 15:39:43:

Sounds like you have him in a great set-up. Temps seem totally fine.....you could use a spiral flouescant on the cool side to raise the temp a touch and it will brighten the cage which they like, get the one that is equivalent to 100 watt bulb....it will emit much less heat but probably raise the ambient tank temp on the cool side a couple of degrees. Turn the heat lamp off at night....no heat source is needed unless your room goes below 70 degrees at night. Good luck and keep us posted on his progress.

:
:He is about 14" long, tank is 4x2, 8% uvb;~35% uva light which is 36"long, and a 150 watt Zoomed ceramic heat lamp. I am using a sand substrate and feed him his crickets in the same bowl as the greens. He is in my bedroom which can get a little cool. The highest point in the basking spot can get up to about 105 but the rest of cage can be as low as 74...I'm thinking I my need another lamp. The lighting and heat lamp are about 28" from the floor..should I lower them. I did buy a couple books but they aren't very specific about details like this. This is my first lizard.
:btw I kept the heat lamp on all night and he made a little "burrow" at the oppsite end of the cage. I'm thinking I should maybe get a lower power lamp to keep on all night.
:Thanks for your replies
:-marcello

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]