kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Oh yeah

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]

Posted by jared w on May 13, 2003 at 14:31:24:

In Reply to: a poem posted by creep77 on May 13, 2003 at 00:01:48:

Myself along with several other herpers in the area release locals back into the pops, with outstanding success. I know of certain keepers who can go back and find canes and coppers in areas where they have released and monitor there snakes every year. THe results have been outstanding, we are now seeing animals released back into the wild that are now gravid and producing more offspring. Yes precautions do take place to avoid killing the wild pop, and to this day it has been nothing but great success. I love to see snakes grow up in the wild that have been released, it makes me feel that we are finally doing something right. And I am a locality nut (due to the fact coppers have alot of intergration areas and locality is very important in me figuring out what intergrade or ssp I have). Shoot me and E sometime creep, I would love to finish our conversation,

Jared Watts

:Those last two lines: an excellent message to all you collectors out there. Some of you seem so worried about localities and their effects on SALES that you forget what really benefits wild pops-captive bred animals. True, you need to collect wc in order to start any of these endeavors, but enough is enough! Do any of you locality fanatics actually think about one day breeding for release in order to rebuild wild pops?
:And for all you snmartasses out therelooking for a way to push my buttons, I am aware of the threat of pathogens and most of them can be remedied prior to release.

:: The Venomous Snake
::He slides throught the grass venom intact
::Fearing no one he allows a child to pass
::The power he has gods gift to the elect
::To eliminate the plague infested rodent mans scourage and death.
::Never changing for thousands of years
::Man spreads fear killing them by the thousands every year
:: Now the venom that killed cures illnesses untold
:: As his family is run over on the long winding road
:: If you catch him he will not bow and become a pet
:: Skilled you must be to handle him you bet
:: God gave him this power his only defense
:: To take it away is a grave offence.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]