kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Learning a lesson....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by peanutbuttermdc on April 29, 2003 at 21:08:01:

In Reply to: Contact Captive Bred Specialties. More posted by Bigtattoo on April 29, 2003 at 18:29:42:

I did contact Captive Bred, and they told me since it wasn't dead on arrival, that they wouldn't give me a full refund. Of course they didn't mention that they sent me a sick uro in the first place who was about to die. They said that to be generous they would give me a $29 in store credit for the $65 I paid for him. I also bought a female for $60, since she is missing a couple of links of her tail, but very active and healthy otherwise. Then shipping was $30 for the two of them. I was pretty disgusted by the $29 instore credit. I don't mind not getting shipping back, because I did get Hermione (the female), but I should have gotten $65 refund versus instore credit in my opinion.

Little Orion (the male) didn't stand a chance when we got him. We could tell he was so fragile and delicate when he arrived last Thursday. We hoped we could fatten him up, but we found the impaction this morning in his tummy, we couldn't even get him to the vet fast enough. He died at noon today and the vet wasn't going to be in til 1:30. I don't know if a vet could have even helped the little guy. Overall, this has been a very frustrating and saddening experience. I can only be happy for the health of my two very chubby and healthy adult malis, little baby mali, and the female Nigerian.

I talked to Doug Dix this afternoon on the phone, and we basically figured out that these Nigerians were "right off the boat" from a shipment last week. While good pet stores or breeders (like Doug Dix) allow all imports to acclimate for a few weeks before selling to check on weight gain and general health, there are many stores that do not. I would highly recommend anyone interested in getting an import to seriously look into the store or breeder before purchasing. This has been a hard lesson. Thanks for everyone's support.

Sincerely, Marcie

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]