kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Feeder Dwarf Hamsters testimony

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by Spitfire on December 20, 2002 at 01:09:15:

In Reply to: Feeder Dwarf Hamsters testimony posted by Gary D. on December 13, 2002 at 21:58:16:

Sorry to trouble u, but i would like to know if there is any difference in feeding tree boas with mice and hamsters? I have a pair of GTP hatchlings so i hope u can help..they are not feeding as they are wild caught..ive tried to seek help in the GTP forum but apparently, pple there arent too helpful...will greatly appreciate any method suggested to get them to feed again..thanx

:Hi, some of you might know me from the boa forum, the rest of you likey don't. I used to have a trio of ATB's but sold them to make room (and appease the wife). I miss those evil beasties and plan to acquire more soon, In the meantime I lurk here a bit. Anyway to the point...

:I acquired a WC adult male Guyanan B.c.c. who had not eaten on his own in captivity. All of his three previous owners had given up on him and passed him off cheap. After a week in my posession he started eating Dwarf hamsters. Mind you it cost a small fortune to feed a 6' boa on Dwarf hamsters, regardless of how good a deal you could get. But they do work.

:Gary D.

:

:
:::I've tried rats,mice, and gerbils with no success.

::Have you tried Russian Dwarf Hamsters? They work great on Amazons and Emeralds. A lot of colubrid breeders (like myself) use dwarf pinks and fuzzies for stubborn hatchlings too.

::BTW, compare prices at all your local pet shops, they'll range from $10 or more to as little as 2 for $5
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]