kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

atb humidity

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by donk142 on February 12, 2003 at 23:22:24:

I was wondering exactly how to get the humidity levels where I need them to be. I am planning on buying an atb as soon as i get the setup exactly how i want it.. I have a 14x14x25" arboreal glass tank with a screen top, and a sliding screen front door. I have cypress mulch on top of aquarium gravel, a log to climb on, 2 live plants, a water bowl that covers about 3/4 of the bottom, an exo-terra fogger(drops fog from the top of the tank), an esu thermostat, connected to a zoo med 75 watt heat bulb, and a repti sun flourescent.

One of my problems is that when I turn on the fogger, my humidity is at my desired percentage of 85-90%. Once I turn it off it drops to 50-60% within 15 minutes. I was told that an atb's humidity should never drop below 70%. I need the temp to stay no lower than 75% and no higher than 85%. I am also trying to conserve the water that I use for the fogger. I turn the fogger on and within 20 minutes the water has been dripped out. so I constructed a little house for the fogger to work inside, keeping the drips in the same container (which only saves about 10 more minutes). I honestly think that my humidity guage and thermometer are waaay off. My substrate is drenched, my plants are soaked, and I have a huuge water bowl on the bottom. So why does my humidity drop so fast; and how do I maintain my humidity without drenching the substrate? Would a U.T.H. work ok for ambient temps?? Thanks to anybody who can help...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]