kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Still some russian tortoise questioned unanwsered.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by cagrlalwys on May 13, 2003 at 19:53:22:

In Reply to: Still some russian tortoise questioned unanwsered. posted by sacred_dragons on May 13, 2003 at 19:41:31:

I would turn it on as soon as you get up and then it would be ok to leave it off when ur at school then turn it back on as soon as you get home. I clip mine on to the side and make sure the ceramic part (where it gets hot) doesnt touch the side. That works very well for me. I have AIM (aol IM) and YIM (yahoo IM). My sn for Aim is miskittlegrl and for yahoo its iluv_ny4ever. Im on right now if you wanna talk. I have been keeping russians for 4 years and I love them so much. I learned all I have so far from the yahoo group that is at the link below. Good luck :)

:I go to school at 8 am and get back at 2 pm, is it ok if i just turn on the lamp when i am home and awake? and just leave near window wen im not home or sleeping? Also, how do u mount a lamp on a rubbermaid? or do u use a stand? cagrlalwys, do u have any instant messengers? it sounds like u know alot, id like to chat

::hey again hehe. I answered your heat question. You should have a heat lamp. The hot spot should be around 95F and the cool spot should be around 70F or so. Dont worry about it melting the plastic. As long as it isnt touching the plastic it wont hurt it at all. I have one and mine hasnt burned or melted any of the plastic. Just keep it a little bit away from the edge and it will be fine. Also you could try LLLreptile. I am pretty sure they are in CA. To go the link below and you can look at the russians. Good luck :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]