kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

back at ya.........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tegu Forum ]

Posted by attentiveear on April 25, 2003 at 11:39:20:

In Reply to: Hey there Greg posted by Rollin on April 25, 2003 at 10:52:00:

Same here regarding the marble tiles. They do work well for basking sites. I am using the same. Currently we have the cypress mulch and it's working okay, though we are always looking for something cleaner/better and especially less dusty if it happens to get too arid. We do mist thier cage every day though. Did you get the moss at a local garden supply center?

I here you about sexing these guys. We have 4 now (2 arg reds & 2 paraguayan reds ,or so they look LOL) We know for sure the paraguayans are a 1.1 pair. The reds are suppose to be as well and are identical! I've checked like crazy to verify spurs on the supposedly male and no luck yet (they're both 2+'). If fact I've checked so much I think it wants to get intimate! LOL My gut tells me they are both females, but......... A vet may be in store to probe them........

Thanks and take care! I'll get new pics up this weekend of the 4 and others can differentiate between the argentine red and paraguayans. The arg are more true reds ,versus a brownish-red of the paraguayans. They are all like puppies though and quite tame.......and spoiled! LOL

Greg

:It's going good, my only concern is that I think I saw a hemipene when Jazz was pooping twice now. Wouldn't you know it right after I started calling him a she, now I'm not for sure what Jazz is. They've got free access to the living room when I'm here because they can just walk in and out of their cage when I leave their door open. For the basking sites I put some marble tiles down because they heat up really good under a light. I use that brown sphagnum peat moss in the cage because Taz started eating the cypress mulch, that can't be good for him er her : p

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tegu Forum ]