kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Mar 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Mar 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: my new ally....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]

Posted by sk8r009 on December 27, 2002 at 11:58:03:

In Reply to: Re: my new ally.... posted by Covenant on December 27, 2002 at 11:47:49:

:Hello. Welp I got my Alligator Snapping Turtle from Troy also. Looks pretty much like yours. I don't know about yours but mine is about 8 inches. He said it was about 6 inches. And yeah he was skinny when I got him. He's been eating though. He's eaten since I got him about two to three dozen 2 inch goldfish. So he does eat good. I ended up calling John Richards (I believe that's his name.) I talked to him for about 20 or 30 minutes. Real nice guy. I was looking to buy between a 50 and 100 pound Alligator Snapper for the zoo I work for. And I told him I bought a Alligator Snapper from some one in LA and he knew exactly who I bought him from. He said I was lucky to even get the Alligator Snapper from Troy and that Troy owes him a bunch of money. He also told me some stuff about legal issues, about sending Alligator Snapping Turtles over LA's state border. But I won't go into that. Any ways all of my Alligator Snapping Turtles are eating good. I also ordered 2 pink skinned Alligator Snappers from the P&J turtle farm. They should be here next week. I sent them a money order yesterday. I wanted to see what they were like. And I had some extra money so I ordered a couple. My room mate got a digital camera for Christams so once she get's back from visiting her family I'll hook it up to my computer and send ya'll some pictures of every thing.

dang! all that info about troy sucks. ive talked to troy numerous times, and he seems like a good guy, hes always been good to me. course, hes about as easy to read as a chinese phonebook. anyway, john richards is a superguy. my next turtles will probably come from him. also, covenant, did your turtle begin eating on the first day? my hatchling took about a week to get into the swing of things. i havent had a chance to measure him/her yet, just eyeballing it id say hes around 7 inches. whats cool is that hes got light coloration and alot of pink underneath. ideally id like to get him to eat today, but i dont want to harass him too much.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]