kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Tribolonotus

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Skink Forum ]

Posted by Deano on April 11, 2003 at 14:03:56:

In Reply to: Re: YES to Lighting for crocodile skinks posted by iwana on April 10, 2003 at 17:18:29:

Julie
As wrote on the site, tribs are defiantly more active during dusk and dawn than at night as Ophidiophile says, the reason I now this is because all the trib tanks have a 15 watt red bulb that I use to watch them at night but after 3 years plus I have seen only one or two tribs out after lights out, and if I can remember rightly they were both (Tribolonotus Novaeguinae) babies the “muddy eyed Croc Skinks”.
I have keep tribs without UV were I work, they were newly imported WC specimens, they did ok for a time without UV but after a specimen died (I believe died of stress being in captivity and all) after this they were relocated to a Cage with UV fittings and they did fine, until I nicked them to add to my collection and strengthen my blood line (they are still all alive and doing great got babies last year and got eggs this year).
The Sites being updated 2 or 3 times a month, but I will post it on the forum once its finished but just keep checking it!
I only keep the two different types of Tribolonotus available in the U.K (Novaeguinae and Gracilis) and I have a Trio of Argentinean Rainbow Boas plus a few inverts.
Thanks for Lookin’
Deano

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Skink Forum ]